This is my go-to blueberry muffin recipe when I feel like them in the morning. The original recipe came from Urban Girl Bakes (blog no longer exists), and I’ve adapted it so that it fills the whole muffin tin, as the original recipe only made 8 for some reason. I usually use frozen blueberries, but you really need to try to get rid of as much moisture from them as possible to prevent sinking to the bottom. Fresh blueberries if possible make the recipe a lot better.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Sifting the flour is optional but tends to improve consistency.
- In a separate bowl (I just use a large pyrex measuring jar), combine and whisk the oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Make a hole in the dry mixture, and pour the wet mixture into it. Mix until well incorporated, ensuring you scrape down the sides and do not see any dry mixture left.
- Using a mixing spoon, fold in blueberries carefully.
- Fill muffin lines with batter near the top if you have enough.
- Cover the top of each muffin with additional granulated sugar until you see the sugar itself. It will form a crunchy topping while baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes (check after 15 in case your oven runs hot).