Chipotle used to have their guacamole recipe posted online, but no longer. This is that recipe.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon and place in a medium bowl (large bowl if doubling).
- Toss avocado with lime juice.
- Add salt and then mash with a potato masher, pastry cutter, or fork if you have to.
- Fold in cilantro, onion and pepper.
- Taste and adjust as needed (usually I add more salt and lime), then let sit for 30-60 minutes before eating to allow flavors to combine, though you can eat it right away if needed.
Although the recipe doesn't live on at Chipotle's site anymore, the Internet never forgets. Here's a cached copy: https://web.archive.org/web/20160204202548/https://www.chipotle.com/guac-recipe